Our Board of Directors
Please feel free to contact Board Members care of our general office; 250-368-3503 or email@example.com.
Peter Thiessen: Board President – Peter Thiessen has been a resident of Trail for 44 years. He and wife of 45 years, Mary-Jane, have 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren. Peter has served 4 years regular Military Service + 2 years Reserves in Trail with 44 Field Engineers. He Retired from Teck Fire Department after 42 years of service.
Peter's participation in Canadian and community endeavors include:
- 25 years Naval Reserves as a Cadet Officer
- Former Sea Cadet Commanding Officer of RCSCC Kootenay (Trail) and RCSCC Hampton Gray Nelson
- Area Sea Cadet Commanding Officer 15 years
- Past President Navy League of Canada (Trail Branch)
- Past President and Past LT. Governor (nine times) of the Trail Kiwanis Club
- Past V/Pres of the Kiwanis Foundation of Canada
- Held various Chairs in local sporting events (Disabled Games, Winter and Summer games, Babe Ruth World Series)
- Involved in USWA Local 480 (executive and three bargaining committees)
- Trail Senior Smoke Eaters (trainer 7 seasons and 1 year on the executive)
Tess Fillmore: Vice President - My husband and I moved back to this area 14 years ago from the coast. I owned my own hair salon for 12 years. I have spent 2 decades involved and interested in the Healing Arts. I have sat on both the VISAC and Chamber of Commerce Boards and like to keep my ears and heart open to the needs of the community. I hope to gain more understanding of the scope of TACL so that I can be an ambassador for a greater community understanding. I believe in inclusivity for our world.
Tricia Bell: Treasurer/Recording Secretary – I was born & raised in Trail. I moved back to the area 2 years ago to be closer to family. Currently, I volunteer at the Iona Coffee Stop and my church. I enjoy travelling and spending time with family & friends. I love to learn new things and I am eager to participate and serve my community.
Eleanor Gattafoni-Robinson: Director – Born, raised and educated in Trail Eleanor Gattafoni Robinson is currently serving her fourth term on Trail City Council. Prior to being elected, Eleanor was a longtime employee with Teck Metals Ltd. Community Service has been a major part of her life and in 1992 she was honoured as a recipient of the "Canada 125" Commemorative Medal and in 2009 received the Trail-Warfield "Citizen of the Year" designation for Community Service. Currently, Eleanor serves as the City Council appointee to the Trail Historical Society, Twinning Committee and Ambassador Program.
Eleanor's participation in community endeavors include:
- Trail Family and Individual Resource Centre Board Member
- Trail and District United Way Board Member
- Trail Youth Justice Board Member
- Michael's Catholic School Board Member
- Kidsport-Trail Chapter Member
- Trail & District Arts Council Board Member
- West Kootenay Take a Hike Advisory Committee Member
- Trail Smoke Eater Junior "A" Hockey Club Volunteer
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer
- Kootenay Columbia Learning Centre Volunteer
- Salvation Army Volunteer
Christette Cromarty: Parent Advocate – My name is Christette Cromarty and I am a parent of a person served. My experience began with my daughter's diagnosis at the age of 18 months. From that moment on, I knew that in order to give my daughter the best life possible, and to give her endless opportunities, I had to be part of her team, which meant advocating for her to have the best life and support as possible.
In my role as parent advocate/advisory, I am honored to advocate on behalf of persons served and their families. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service to you or your family.
"Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much." Helen Keller.